Location: Lima, Peru
Due Date: February 9th, 2020
ABOUT AGORA PARTNERSHIPS
Agora Partnerships’ purpose is to accelerate the shift to a sustainable economy by unleashing
entrepreneurs who are building purpose-driven companies that create social and environmental impact
throughout Latin America. Agora accomplishes this through the Agora Growth Program, designed to
provide entrepreneurs with access to the knowledge, networks, and capital they need to grow their
businesses and their impact. Since 2011, the Agora Accelerator has served 250 companies working in 21
countries across Latin America and catalyzed over US$100 million in investment into these companies.
Learn more at https://www.agora2030.org/.
The Impact Investing intern will serve as an integral member of Agora’s Capital Advisory Team during an
exciting period of rapid growth. The Impact Investing intern will play a key role in strengthening the
Agora Investor Network, helping enterprises that require support in raising capital through the
Investment Marketplace (3rd phase of the Agora Growth Program), and supporting Agora’s initiatives in
financial innovation, with the ultimate goal of facilitating investment into the most promising and
impactful enterprises in Latin America and the Caribbean. The Impact Investing Intern will report directly
to Agora’s Head of Investor Relations and the location for the role is Lima, Peru.
Given the nature of our organization, your responsibilities will include, but may not be limited to:
● Investor Research and Network Expansion: Conduct online research of potential new
impact investors in support of matching enterprises seeking capital with potential investors. (This
includes Equity and VC firms, family offices and local angel investors.) Send initial emails to learn
more about investor needs and pre-screen those that warrant a call with Investor Relations team.
● Transaction Data Research: Build on the research Agora has started to compile transaction
information in order to get current terms and financial instruments used in key countries in Latin
America (Mexico, Peru, Colombia, Chile).
● Capital Raising Support: Manage a portfolio of companies and provide support services to
entrepreneurs participating in the Investment Marketplace .
● Investor Communications: Support the Head of Investor Relations in creating marketing and
communication materials for the Investor Network, which may include review and creation of
PowerPoint presentations, brochures, newsletters, mass emails and other specialized content.
● Investor Event Planning: Support coordination of annual investor training event, including
marketing, targeted outreach, and logistics. Additionally, support Head of Investor Relations in
preparation for industry conferences (SOCAP, FLII, etc.).
● Investor Matchmaking: Continue refining the current matchmaking process and leverage
Agora’s Salesforce database as well as personal knowledge and research to suggest potential
investors for Agora “investment marketplace” entrepreneurs. The investors would be suggested
as a list of potential matches to the company’s consultant and Head of Investor Relations, who
then would work on revising the list to narrow it to a list of introductions/connections to be made
for the company.
● Lead Salesforce Data Input: Track introductions and deals. Log investor introductions made,
progress in deal negotiation/closing, and deal terms. Develop reports/statistics to share with the
team to help drive strategy.
We are seeking passionate candidates to support social entrepreneurs. Ideal candidates exhibit Agora’s
core values of agency, empathy, curiosity and perseverance. There is no single ‘ideal’ mold for this
position, yet we do seek the following qualifications in an ideal candidate:
● Strong interpersonal skills and intercultural competency;
● Adaptability, comfort with ambiguity, ability to work in an entrepreneurial organization;
● Strong work ethic and ability to execute on multiple projects at once;
● Excitement for and ability to work on teams and collaborate; and,
● Sense of joy and humor.
● Master’s Degree (recent graduate or in-progress) in Finance, Business Administration, Economics
or similar field OR 2+ years of experience in management consulting, investment services, and/or
● Demonstrated experience in data analysis and research
● Demonstrated knowledge and strong interest in impact investing, social entrepreneurship, and/or
● High proficiency in Microsoft Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint
● Experience with Salesforce and cloud data management platforms a plus
● Experience in visual design a plus
● International work experience, especially in Latin America, a plus; and,
● English fluency and Spanish working proficiency
** Note: individuals traditionally underrepresented in the investment space (through race, gender,
nationality, etc.) are strongly encouraged to apply **
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
● No financial compensation
● Duration: 6 month contract
● Start date: Mid-February 2020 (flexible)
● The Impact Investing Senior intern must commit to a minimum of 40 hours per week for the
duration of the contract. We are open to part-time or full-time interns.
● Agora Partnerships will provide you with the following benefits: co-working seat, industry-related
training, personal development opportunities, and exposure to Latin America development and
● Please note that you are expected to have your own laptop computer on which to work.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a motivation letter and up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Impact Investing Intern”
by February 9th. The motivation letter should explain why you are excited for this opportunity, why you
believe it is the right fit for your career, and what unique contributions you would make to the Agora
team. Top candidates will be contacted to set up an interview.
Agora Partnerships is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.