Location: Mexico City or Bogotá
Position type: Full-time independent contractor
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a professional to help us raise funds that will enable us to better serve social entrepreneurs who are working tirelessly to build better societies. Do you have academic background or professional experience on fundraising? Are you familiar with Latin America and/or the impact investing / social entrepreneurship field? Are you fluent in both English and Spanish? Do you want to make a positive impact on society and the environment while growing professionally? If so, this opportunity is for you!
Why join Agora?
We are a team of about 20 professionals spread out across Latin America, united by our passion for making a positive impact on society by empowering entrepreneurs who are working to solve the UN Sustainable Development Goals. In the past 8 years, through our flagship Accelerator program, Agora Partnerships has accelerated close to 250 companies across 12 industries and 21 countries, helping them raise over $86 million and impacting over 6 million lives. For more information on Agora, please visit www.agora2030.org
What will the position entail?
The objective of this position is to work directly with the Managing Director to support Agora’s fundraising efforts. Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Proactively identify relevant fundraising prospects (corporations, local and international foundations, HNWI) and Request for Proposals;
- Build and maintain a comprehensive fundraising database, and undertake analysis of fundraising efforts for quarterly updates to the Board of Directors and staff;
- Draft grant proposals, follow up and cultivate relationship with potential funders;
- Develop briefing notes prior to key meetings;
- Review attendee lists from all events attended by team members and identify relevant prospects;
- Schedule quarterly Board meetings and monthly Board Committee meetings on Fundraising & Partnership;
- Support impact data collection and analysis;
- Lead year-end individual fundraising campaign.
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive compensation to comparable roles in the region;
- Comfortable workspace in a local co-working office;
- Stipend to cover expenses during work travel (and medical insurance for international travel only);
- Access to Agora’s professional networks (such as ANDE, Sistema B, and Impact Hub);
- Access to industry conferences, and an extensive network of professionals and industry experts.
How to apply?
Please send a motivation letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 18, 2019, with FUNDRAISING ASSOCIATE – [YOUR NAME] in the email title. The motivation letter should explain (1) why you are excited for this opportunity, (2) what has been your most relevant experience that prepares you for this role, and (3) preferred location (please specify if you currently have a work permit in that location), and salary expectations.