|Type of Position:||Full-Time|
We are looking for a Country Director in Santiago, Chile
We are looking for a Country Director in Santiago Chile to provide leadership to the local team and the operations of the local headquarters. The challenge: consolidating and pushing the growth of operations within the local Headquarters while creating the most robust females-in-tech talent pool within the country. This will lead to greater sustainability, impact and the broadening of the company while pushing the overall professional growth of our local partners. This is a highly entrepreneurial leadership role within the organization, and key to the future of Laboratoria.
Operations: You will be the leader of the team and responsible for all the operations in Santiago. In Laboratoria, this entails spearheading the selection processes and formation of our students, and fostering a good relationship with businesses through shadowing and corporate training. To accomplish this you will coordinate with the regional product team in charge of designing all the key processes while improving through the feedback provided by the other headquarters.
The Team: You will be the leader of a team consisting of approximately 15 people. One of your main responsibilities is to guide them, bringing out their full potential within their role and aiding their growth.
Positioning: You will lead and strengthen the current positioning of Laboratoria in Santiago to promote a more diverse, inclusive and competitive digital economy that generates opportunities for everyone. At the same time this will strengthen our positioning with the private sector as a support for its’ digital transformation.
Who and What you are
- First and foremost, you have been an entrepreneur or you have a strong entrepreneurial spirit. This role entails leading a startup in one of our principal markets, so it is necessary to show muscle, be adaptable and display leadership capabilities that embody successful entrepreneurs.
- Almost as important as the above, people management. You have lead a team before and you know how to identify people’s strengths and talents best suited for each role. You also know how to invest in the growth and development of your team.
- You are skilled at fostering relationships with a diverse set of actors, both within and outside the organization. By being the face of the Laboratoria in Santiago, you must be skilled at building key relationships benefiting Laboratoria’s positioning. You must be able to sincerely connect with women who look for a better opportunity in life through Laboratoria, with the CEOs of the largest tech companies, and with all the other actors within the tech and entrepreneurial ecosystem.
- You are comfortable with being autonomous. Our regional team works closely with all the other headquarters and you would be supported by the rest of the City Directors and the COO (whom you would report to), but we like independent Directors who are able to make decisions and resolve problems successfully.
- Social Engagement. You truly want to be part of an organization that dreams big and looks to build a more just Latin America
- You share our ideals. We are a team of more than 80 persons spread out throughout different countries in Latin America. We celebrate the diversity, experience, knowledge and background that each Laboratorian brings to the table. We share a unique vision of our future and the importance of values and principles that will enable us to reach our goals. Attached is our Culture Charter so you can familiarize yourself with it! The more you relate to our values and recognize the characteristics of people you enjoy working with within the charter, the surer you will succeed and be happy in Laboratoria.
- At least 4 years of professional experience in project developments.
- At least 4 years of experience of being the leader of a team
- Knowledge/Experience with the entrepreneurial world and the tech industry in Chile
- Excellent verbal and writing communication skills in both English and Spanish
- Experience in managing relationships and networks outside of the organizations
- Experience in consulting sales and/or classes
- Knowledge and experience in Directorates, Advisory Councils, etc.
- Understanding/experience in brand placement
- Experience in multi-functioning jobs, dynamic and flexible